Hill Country Daily Bread MinistriesOur mission: To help unite and equip the Body of Christ with food, resources, and training necessary to transform our communities and the lives of those in poverty and need through the love and saving grace of Jesus Christ.
Stand By Me was created in 2006 to support at-risk youth in our community in search of support, guidance and God’s love. Our mission is to spiritually, emotionally and educationally transform lives of Texas Hill Country kids through Christian mentoring relationships.
Kids living in poverty and crisis in the Texas Hill Country face many challenges. Many come from fatherless homes. Some are grappling with relationships, often making poor choices. They often believe God couldn’t possibly care about who they are let alone love them as they are. Their families are struggling to make ends meet and recognize that their children are struggling as well.
We have kids on the waiting list! The heart of Stand By Me is the mentors,folks like you who can spend time with a kid who needs someone to talk to, and share life experiences. LET’S END THE LIST!
Stand By Me is a mentoring program that WORKS! By matching a Christian adult with a kid who asked for a mentor. Stand By Me has an incredible track record of success as we have seen God transform lives! A unique aspect of SBM is that the families of the children in SBM benefit from all the resources of HCDBM Family Mentoring Ministry. We believe strong families strong kids!
Stand By Me kids are being transformed…
- Spiritually – they are learning through weekly conversations with their mentor that God loves them and has a unique purpose for their lives
- Educationally – through increased accountability, their grades and school attendance are improving, and
- Emotionally – they are developing lasting friendships as they open their hearts to trust and love their mentors.
We hold firmly to a 6 pillar framework that leads to successful mentoring:
- Case Management – ongoing match support and training of mentors
- Summer Camp – Christian camping opportunities for mentees
- Summer Academy – academic recovery for mentees
- Enrichment – life skill opportunities for matches
- Celebrations – mentor and mentee recognition and appreciation events
- Family Support– Strong families,strong kids! Families are eligible for HCDBM Family Mentoring Resource Ministry
OUR HILL COUNTRY KIDS ARE WAITING FOR A MENTOR WILL YOU ANSWER THEIR CALL?