Hill Country Daily Bread MinistriesOur mission: To help unite and equip the Body of Christ with food, resources, and training necessary to transform our communities and the lives of those in poverty and need through the love and saving grace of Jesus Christ.
Our Process in Action
When a family comes to us for help it is just the beginning of the outpouring of God’s love…
- After a family contacts HCDBM for help they are asked to bring picture I.D. and proof of residence to their appointment.
- Families’ needs are evaluated through an interview process.They are given immediate resource referrals.
- The family receives an emergency food box the day of their initial intake interview.
- The family is then registered and eligible for the many ministry goods and services provided by Hill Country Daily Bread Ministries.
- The family is matched with a Family Mentor volunteer as soon as possible.
- Family and child mentors come from our partner churches in the area who form leadership teams and collaborate with HCDBM on training and recruitment. (see: Become a Church Partner)
- All our volunteers, including our Family Mentors, go through an interview process, a background check and training specific to their volunteerism. (see: Become a Family Mentor)
- Clients are matched with a Family Mentor from a church partner. The Family Mentor will deliver their food and resources directly to them twice a month and provide ministry,love and support.
- Children referred to our child mentoring ministry are done so through a separate process through Stand By Me Mentoring.Churches may become Stand by Me partners independent of the Family Mentoring Resource program. (see: Become a Stand By Me Mentor)